For the purpose of the Personal Information Protection Act 2016, our nominated representative is Richard.Munday@bluewave.bm.
Collection of Information
You can visit this website without providing any personal information about yourself.
We do not collect information about individual users’ personal information, except where this is specifically stated and provided with the user’s knowledge. The information that Bluewave collects via this website consists of voluntarily submitted personal information that is required to provide information or goods and services requested through the website.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search for a product or plan, place an order on our site, request information via our website, help desk, use social media functions on our website, or when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs.
We do not collect non-specific visitor information. When you visit the website, Bluewave may automatically collect usage information to help it understand how the website is navigated and used. Such information may include technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone, setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, your full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream, through and from our site (including date and time), products and plans you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our help desk number. The data does not include any personal information about you and is used only to measure and improve the effectiveness of the website.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including for example, business partners, sub-contractors, in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytic providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of Information
The information you provide throughout the website may be used:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and Bluewave;
- process your inquiry or request;
- quote and bind a service plan;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit third parties to provide you, with information about goods and services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- for billing purposes;
- to comply with any law, regulation, audit or court order; and
- to develop new products and services.
Information collected about you and from your use of this website may be used:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you chose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you;
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set above.
We do share visitor information with other members within Bluewave, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may share overall visitor trends and other generic information collected on this website with third parties (including for example, business partners, subcontractors, in technical payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) but we do not pass on any personal details or personally identifiable information without your specific consent, save as set out below:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, Bluewave may share your personal information with a third-party provider, prospective seller or buyer of such business assets. However, Bluewave does not sell, trade or rent personal information to any third party without your prior consent.
- If Bluewave or substantially all of its assets is/are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Bluewave, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Bluewave recognizes the importance of confidentiality and uses servers and various other technological means to ensure the security of your personal information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access or data breach.
This website may use “cookies”, which are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive that enable our system to recognize you when you return to the site and distinguish you from other users. This helps us to track basic visitor information in order that we can better tailor the site to your visitor’s needs. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can disable this function by changing your web browser settings if you so wish. Please note, however, that if you reject cookies, your access to certain information may be restricted or you may have to re-enter information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance to the Act. Any access request may be subjected to a fee of $20.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.