Digital Voice Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Bluewave’s Digital Voice Service.
Please read this agreement carefully before filing it in a safe place for future reference.
In this Agreement (“Agreement”), “you” and “your” mean the customer of Bluewave International Limited (Bluewave)
Voice Service (“Service(s)”) defined below, and “Bluewave,” “we,” “our,” and “us” mean the Bluewave operating companies that provide you with. You acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older, and you agree that you have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement and affirm that the information you supply to us is correct and complete. Providing false or incorrect information may result in Service provisioning delays, the suspension or termination of your Service and the inability of a 911-dialed call to be correctly routed to emergency response center personnel.
This Agreement incorporates the terms of the Calling Plan you selected. The Calling Plan includes your monthly service allowances and features. To the extent that there is a conflict between this Agreement and your Calling Plan, the terms in your Calling Plan will govern.
This Agreement becomes binding when you accept this Agreement. You accept this Agreement and Bluewave’s terms and charges when you subscribe to, use or pay for the Services or tell us orally or through written or electronic means that you accept the Agreement.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE AND CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY TO TERMINATE IT. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SERVICE UNTIL THE SERVICE CANCELLATION DATE.
NOTICE OF ARBITRATION AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT REQUIRES THAT DISPUTES BE RESOLVED BY ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS OR JURY TRIALS (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE TAKEN TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT). PLEASE SEE SECTION 14 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- DEFINITION OF SERVICE
- Bluewave Digital Voice Service is a residential voice service. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Service” shall mean Bluewave Digital Voice Service, including all software, equipment and other features, products and services provided by Bluewave under the Calling Plan that you selected.
- b) Digital Voice service requires 10-digit dialing. Home security system settings may need to be modified from 7 to 10-digit dialing.
- c) Digital Voice service does not allow the Customer to make 500, 700, 900, 950,976, 00 01, 0+, calling card calls or dial-around calls (e.g., 10-10-XXXX). Nor does it allow the Customer to accept collect calls or third number billed calls. The Company will not bill any charges on behalf of other carriers.
- The Service is subject to billing and technical capability and the availability of facilities. The Service is not available in all locations.
- SERVICE USE AND LIMITATIONS; CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS
- Use of Service. You agree that the use of the Service, without limitation, is your sole responsibility, is at your own risk, and is subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. This includes the use of the Service by others, with or without your permission. You may not resell, assign or otherwise transfer the Service or Agreement to any other person for any purpose, or make any change for the use of the Service, without express written permission from Bluewave in advance.
- b) Loss of Service Due to Power Failure. You are responsible for providing the electrical power necessary for the Service to function. The Service (including 911 dialing) will not function during a power outage without a back-up power source.
- The battery back-up will not power cordless phones, Internet or TV service, or alarm system equipment. A power failure or service disruption may require you to reset or reconfigure equipment prior to using the Service.
- c) International Calling. The current plans and rates for international calling can be found by contacting Bluewave Customer Service at 441-296-9000
- Notice of Changes. You agree to promptly notify Bluewave whenever your personal or billing information changes (including, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date). You acknowledge and agree that Bluewave will be sending you information, including via e-mail, over the Internet.
- REVISIONS TO TERMS AND PRICING
- The current version of the terms of this Agreement shall be available on https://bluewave.bm/legal-information/. From time to time, we may revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including, without limitation, any of the policies incorporated by reference) and the prices for the Service. We will provide notice of such revisions by posting revisions to the website Announcements page.
Increases to the prices or material revisions to the Agreement shall be effective no sooner than 30 days after we post them on our website at https://bluewave.bm/legal-information/ or otherwise provide you with notice in accordance with Section 7. If you do not agree to Bluewave’s revision(s), you must terminate your Service immediately in accordance with this Agreement. By continuing to use the Service after revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to all revisions.
- PRICING AND PAYMENT
- Prices and Fees. You agree to pay us for the Service at the prices and charges that are billed to you. Billing for the Service will begin automatically (i) upon installation of the Service if the Service is installed by Bluewave or (ii) on the Due Date established by Bluewave (after the equipment has been delivered) if the Service is self-installed by you. Monthly recurring charges will be billed one month in arrears. The charges for any particular call will depend on a number of factors which include, for example, the Calling Plan selected, call duration, and type of call (e.g., domestic or international). International calls to certain types of phone numbers (e.g., mobile numbers) may be subject to additional charges. If you activate certain features, such as Simultaneous Ring or Call Forwarding, additional per minute or international charges may be incurred. You will not be able to forward any of your calls to international numbers. You agree to pay an agent assistance fee of seven dollars, which may be charged if you make a payment arrangement through a Bluewave call center representative.
- Call rounding/detail. All calls are rounded up to the next highest minute and billed accordingly. Your call detail may not appear on your monthly paper bill or your charge card statement.
- Taxes and Other Charges. Bluewave also may charge you for any applicable taxes, fees, surcharges, account set-up fees or other charges made using the Service, unless you can show with documentation satisfactory to us that you are exempt from these charges. We will not provide advance notice of changes to taxes, surcharges and fees, except as required by applicable law.
- You must pay all bills or invoices on time (on or before the due date). We do not waive our right to collect the full amount due if you pay late or if you pay only a part of the bill.
- Late Fees. If we don’t get your payment on time, we will charge you a late fee of up to 1.5 percent per month (18 percent per year) on the unpaid balance, or a flat $5 per month, whichever is greater, if allowed by law. The fees that are applicable to your account are displayed on your monthly bill. If any portion of your bill is not paid by the due date, Bluewave may also terminate or suspend your Service without notice. If Bluewave uses a collection agency or legal action to recover monies due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses we incur to recover such monies, including attorneys’ fees. If you fail to pay on time and Bluewave refers your account(s) to a third party for collection, a collection fee will be assessed and will be due at the time of the referral to the third party. The fee will be calculated at the maximum percentage permitted by applicable law, not to exceed 18 percent.
- Charge Card Payment. You may choose to have your Service billed directly to a charge card acceptable to Bluewave. IF YOU ELECT TO BE BILLED FOR THE SERVICE ON YOUR CHARGE CARD, BLUEWAVE WILL CONTINUE TO BILL THE CARD UNTIL YOU TELL US TO CANCEL SUCH BILLING, AND YOU ALSO AGREE THAT BLUEWAVE MAY RECEIVE UPDATED CARD ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM YOUR CARD ISSUER. If your charge card is declined, is invalid or payment is not made by the issuer of your charge card at the time that a charge is attempted, you will not be able to use the Service until your account is paid in full. If you wish to cancel your CHARGE CARD billing method, or have any questions about the billing method, you may call BLUEWAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE at 441-296-9000.
- Credit Check. We will evaluate your credit history before providing you service. Your consent may be sought to obtain your credit information from consumer credit reporting agencies at any time and to share it with our affiliates. If your payment history is not acceptable to Bluewave or if your payment history is unknown or indeterminable, you may be required, at any time, to provide: (i) pre-invoice payment based on usage incurred; (ii) a valid major credit card account number from an issuer acceptable to Bluewave and authorization for Bluewave to charge usage to your credit card account; (iii) agreement that your usage of Bluewave’s network and services will be subject to toll usage limits to be determined by Bluewave; or (iv) a deposit. Bluewave may refuse to furnish services if any charges owed by you to Bluewave or any Bluewave affiliate are past due for service(s) provided to you.
- We may require that you provide us with a refundable deposit (“Customer Deposit”). We may also require an additional deposit after activation of the Service if you fail to pay any amounts when due. Within ninety (90) days of termination of Service, we shall return a sum equal to the Customer Deposit, without interest unless otherwise required by law, minus any amounts due on your account including, without limitation, any amounts owed to us for unreturned or damaged equipment, if applicable. If you fail to pay for the Services when due, we may use the deposit to satisfy amounts due without giving notice to you.
- For plans that incur a local call charge, the charge will be per call up to 60 mins; except if call continues, then on the 61-minute mark and every 60 min thereafter there will be an additional local call charge.
- TERM AND TERMINATION; SUSPENSION
- This Agreement shall continue, subject to the terms of this Section, until terminated by either party as permitted by this Agreement.
- Termination of Service with Notice. Either you or Bluewave may terminate this Agreement without cause by giving notice to the other in accordance with the notice provision set forth in this Agreement. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, termination will be effective on the last day of that month’s billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred through that date.
- Limitation, Suspension and/or Termination of the Service by Bluewave.
- Bluewave can, without notice, limit, suspend or terminate your Service if: (1) you are in breach of any of the terms of this Agreement or any payment obligations with respect to the Service, or if charges owed by you to any Bluewave affiliate are past due for service(s) provided to you; (2) your use of the Service is prohibited by law or is disruptive to, adversely impacts or causes a malfunction to the Service, Bluewave’s network or the use and enjoyment of other users; (3) we are required by a judicial, legislative or regulatory body of competent jurisdiction to suspend or terminate your Service; (4) a ruling, regulation, or order is issued by a judicial, legislative or regulatory body that conflicts with this Agreement; (5) we for any reason cease to offer the Service in whole or in part; (6) you no longer meet the prerequisites for the Service; (7) you, any user of your Service, or any authorized contact on your account threatens our representatives, uses vulgar and/or inappropriate language toward our representatives, “spams” or engages in other abusive messaging or calling; (8) we take action to prevent or to protect against fraud, or to otherwise protect Bluewave’s personnel, agents, facilities, or services; or (9) for any good cause. Bluewave shall have sole discretion in its determination of whether any of the conditions (1) – (9) are met.
- Repair of Service. We have the right at any time to suspend or interrupt Services to make necessary repairs or changes in our facilities. We may refuse to repair Service if we determine that the conditions at your premises are unsafe for us or our agents.
- RESTORATION OF SERVICE
- Whenever service is disconnected for fraudulent or unauthorized use of service, Bluewave may, before restoring service, require the customer to make, at his or her own expense, all changes in facilities or equipment to eliminate illegal use and to pay an amount reasonably estimated as the loss in revenues resulting from such use.
- Bluewave, in its sole discretion, may refuse to accept your request or application for Service following a termination or suspension of your use of the Service. You must pay past due charges before the Service is reconnected and, if your Service is terminated or suspended for any reason, you may be required to pay a reconnection fee if the Service is reactivated.
If either of us intends to seek arbitration under this Agreement, the party seeking arbitration must first notify the other party of the dispute in writing at least 30 days in advance of initiating the arbitration. Notice to Bluewave of either arbitration or mediation should be sent to NoticeOfDispute@Telebermuda.com or to Bluewave Dispute Resolution Manager, 71 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish, BERMUDA CR01. A copy of the Notice of Dispute form can also be obtained from NoticeofDispute@Telebermuda.com or from the Bluewave Dispute Resolution Manager, and can also be found at https://bluewave.bm/notice-of-dispute/. The notice must describe the nature of the claim and the relief being sought, in the manner directed in the applicable arbitration or mediation Section of this Agreement. Other notices required under this Agreement shall be provided by you by contacting us via the methods set forth in your monthly invoice or in the Contact Us section of Bluewave.bm. Our notices to you shall be deemed given: (a) when sent by e-mail to your last-known e-mail address according to our records; (b) when delivered over the cable system; (c) when deposited in the Bermuda mail addressed to you at your last-known address; or (d) when hand-delivered to your Premises, as applicable. Mailed notices may also be included in our billing statements to you.
- In the course of providing services to you, we may collect certain information that is made available to us solely by virtue of our relationship with you, such as information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination and amount of your use of the telecommunications services you purchase. This information and related billing information is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information, or CPNI. (CPNI does not include your name, address, and phone number.) We may use this information, without further authorization by you, to offer you: (i) services of the type you already purchase from us, and (ii) the full range of products and services available from Bluewave and other Bluewave companies that may be different from the type of services you currently buy from us. Use of your information will permit us to offer you a package of services tailored to your specific needs. Without further authorization by you, we may also share your information with other Bluewave companies with whom you already have an existing service relationship.
- LIMITATIONS ON 911 EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICES
- Our liability to you, to anyone dialing 911 using the Service, or to any other person or party, for any loss or damage arising from errors, interruptions, omissions, delays, defects, or failures of 911 services whether caused by our negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the amount of our charges for such services during the affected period of time. This limitation of liability is in addition to any other limitations contained in this Agreement.
- Service Outage Due to Suspension of Your Account. You acknowledge and agree that a service outage due to suspension of your account as a result of billing issues will prevent ALL Service from being provided to you, including any 911 emergency response services.
- Potential Limitations. You agree that any 911 calls made using the Service may be subject to network congestion and/or reduced routing or processing speed. If you have Call Forwarding, Do Not Disturb, Simultaneous Ring or other features programmed and in use at the time you dial a 911 call and your call is interrupted, the emergency dispatcher may not be able to call you back at the phone from which you dialed the call.
- Additional Service Limitations that Apply in the Event that Bluewave Cannot Route Your 911 Call Directly to the Appropriate Emergency Service Provider. If, for any reason, Bluewave cannot directly route your 911 call to the appropriate emergency service provider, your 911 call will be routed to a Bluewave operator if available. You agree that the operator and/or emergency response center personnel receiving your call may not be able to identify your phone number or the physical address from which you are calling. You will need to state the nature of your emergency promptly and clearly, including your telephone number and location. You agree that the individual answering the call may not be able to call you back or determine your location if the call is unable to be completed, is dropped or disconnected, or if you are unable to provide your phone number and physical location and/or if the Service is not operational for any reason. After you identify your location, the Bluewave operator will determine the appropriate emergency response center for your location and route you to the general telephone number for that center.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. BLUEWAVE (AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES), ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIERS, MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CONCERNING YOUR SERVICE. BLUEWAVE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE WITHOUT FAILURE, DELAY, INTERRUPTION, ERROR, DEGRADATION OF VOICE QUALITY OR LOSS OF CONTENT, DATA OR INFORMATION.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL BLUEWAVE (OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES), ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS, PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR: (1) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS ARISING OUT OF THE USE, PARTIAL USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF BLUEWAVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIM OR DAMAGES; OR (2) ANY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
- BLUEWAVE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE, AT ANY TIME OR FROM TIME TO TIME, OR FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OR DEGRADATION OF VOICE QUALITY THAT IS CAUSED BY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (1) ACT OR OMISSION OF AN UNDERLYING CARRIER, SERVICE PROVIDER, VENDOR OR OTHER THIRD PARTY; (2) EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY FAILURE, UPGRADE, SHORTAGE, RELOCATION OR MODIFICATION; (3) EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY FAILURE CAUSED BY THE LOSS OF POWER TO YOU; OR (4) ANY OTHER CAUSE THAT IS BEYOND BLUEWAVE’S CONTROL.
- BLUEWAVE’S LIABILITY FOR ANY FAILURE OR MISTAKE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED SERVICE CHARGES WITH RESPECT TO THE AFFECTED TIME PERIOD.
- THE REMEDIES EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS UNDER CERTAIN LAWS (SUCH AS CONSUMER LAWS) WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY, OUR EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UPON DETERMINATION THAT ANY SUCH EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION DOES NOT APPLY, BLUEWAVE MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT TO EFFECT THE ORIGINAL INTENT AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE.
- BLUEWAVE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AND ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS AGAINST YOU PERTAINING TO YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE SERVICE OR FOR YOUR BREACH OF THE AGREEMENT (INCLUDING ANY POLICIES RELATING TO THE SERVICE).
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Bluewave from and against all claims, losses, damages, fines, liabilities, penalties, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to or arising from: (a) any violation of applicable laws, regulations or this Agreement by you (or any parties who use your account, with or without your permission, to access the Service); (b) negligent acts, errors or omissions by you (or any parties who use your account, with or without your permission, to access the Service);
- injuries to or death of any person, and for damages to or loss of any property, which may in any way arise out of or result from or in connection with this Agreement, except to the extent that such liabilities arise from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Bluewave; (d) claims for infringement of any intellectual property rights arising from the use of the Service, Software, or the Internet; or (e) the absence, failure or outage of the Service, including the 911 emergency response service, and/or the inability of you or any third-party user of your Service to be able to access emergency response center personnel.
- b) All obligations of the parties under this Agreement, which by their nature would continue beyond the termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement, shall survive such termination, cancellation or expiration.
- Bluewave will not be liable for delays, damages or failures in performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of a governmental body, acts of God, acts of third parties, fires, floods, strikes or other labor-related disputes, of other things we do not control, or an inability to obtain necessary equipment or services.
- We may assign all or any part of this Agreement without notice and you agree to make all subsequent payments as directed. This Agreement is not for the benefit of any third party except Bluewave’s parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and predecessors and successors in interest.
- If any of the terms or conditions in this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a government body of competent jurisdiction, the holding shall not affect any other term or condition of this Agreement, and the Agreement shall be construed as if it did not contain the invalid or unenforceable term or condition.
- Except as otherwise required by law, you and Bluewave agree that the Electronic Communications Act of 2011 and the substantive laws of Bermuda, without reference to its principles of conflicts of laws, will be applied to govern and construe all of the rights and duties of the parties under this Agreement, except as otherwise required by law or to the extent such law is pre-empted by applicable law, including the rules and regulations of the Regulatory Authority of Bermuda. UNLESS YOU AND BLUEWAVE AGREE OTHERWISE, YOU AND BLUEWAVE CONSENT TO THE EXCLUSIVE PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF AND VENUE IN AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT LOCATED IN THE COUNTY OF YOUR BILLING ADDRESS, FOR ANY SUITS OR CAUSES OF ACTION CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT. Except as otherwise required by law, including laws relating to consumer transactions, any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Service must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred.
- We reserve the right to modify the Service to reflect any change in any governing law, underlying network service or component affecting the Service.
- Bluewave’s failure at any time to insist upon strict compliance with any of the provisions of this Agreement in any instance shall not be construed to be a waiver of such terms in the future.
- This Agreement, including all attachments and all other policies which are fully incorporated into this Agreement either by attachment or by reference, constitutes the entire Agreement between you and Bluewave with respect to the subject matter hereto and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements whether written or oral. Any changes by you to this Agreement, or any additional or different terms in your purchase orders, acknowledgements or other documents, written or electronic, are void.
- VOLUNTARY MEDIATION.
Bluewave offers customers the option of participating in a free internal mediation program. This program is entirely voluntary and does not affect either party’s rights in any other aspect of the dispute resolution procedures outlined in Section 14. In our voluntary mediation program, we will assign an employee who is not directly involved in the dispute to help both sides reach an agreement. That person has all the rights and protections of a mediator and the process has all of the protections associated with mediation. For example, nothing said in the mediation can be used later in an arbitration or lawsuit. If you would like to know more, or you would like to start the mediation process, please contact us at NoticeofDispute@Telebermuda.com or through Bluewave Online Dispute Resolution Manager, 71 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish, BERMUDA CR01, for a notice of customer dispute form. A copy of the Notice of Dispute form can also be found at https://bluewave.bm/notice-of-dispute/. Fill out and send the Notice of Dispute Form to us according to the directions on the form.
- ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS ACTIONS.
WE HOPE TO MAKE YOU A HAPPY CUSTOMER, BUT IF THERE’S AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED, THIS SECTION OUTLINES WHAT’S EXPECTED OF BOTH OF US. YOU AND BLUEWAVE BOTH AGREE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES ONLY BY ARBITRATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND THE PROCEDURES MAY BE DIFFERENT, BUT AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD YOU THE SAME DAMAGES AND RELIEF, AND MUST HONOR THE SAME TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT, AS A COURT WOULD. IF THE LAW ALLOWS FOR AN AWARD OF ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD THEM TOO. WE ALSO BOTH AGREE THAT:
- THE ARBITRATION ACT 1986 FOR DOMESTIC AND THE BERMUDA INTERNATIONAL CONCILIATION AND ARBITRATION ACT OF 1993 FOR INTENATIONAL DISPUTES, APPLIES TO THIS AGREEMENT. EXCEPT FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT CASES THAT QUALIFY, ANY DISPUTE THAT IN ANY WAY RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM US (OR FROM ANY ADVERTISING FOR ANY SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES) WILL BE RESOLVED BY ONE OR MORE NEUTRAL ARBITRATORS. YOU CAN ALSO BRING ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE TO THE ATTENTION OF THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (“BBB”), OR GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, AND IF THE LAW ALLOWS, THEY CAN SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US FOR YOU.
- UNLESS YOU AND BLUEWAVE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATION WILL TAKE PLACE IN BERMUDA. YOU CAN GET PROCEDURES, RULES AND FEE INFORMATION FROM THE bermudalaws.bmOR FROM US. FOR CLAIMS OF $10,000 OR LESS, YOU CAN CHOOSE WHETHER YOU WOULD LIKE THE ARBITRATION CARRIED OUT BASED ONLY ON DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO THE ARBITRATOR, OR BY A HEARING IN–PERSON OR BY PHONE.
- THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT ALLOW CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATIONS EVEN IF THE BERMUDA PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL NOT HAVE THE POWER TO DETERMINE THAT CLASS ARBITRATION IS PERMISSIBLE. THE ARBITRATOR ALSO SHALL NOT HAVE THE POWER TO PRESIDE OVER CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATION, OR TO AWARD ANY FORM OF CLASSWIDE OR COLLECTIVE REMEDY. INSTEAD, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE POWER TO AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. NO CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEORIES OF LIABILITY OR PRAYERS FOR RELIEF MAY BE MAINTAINED IN ANY ARBITRATION HELD UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. NO ARBITRATION RULE WILL APPLY IF IT CONFLICTS WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN ADDITION, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY CONTRARY PROVISION IN THE ACTS OR BBB RULES, THE ARBITRATOR WILL BE BOUND TO APPLY LEGAL PRINCIPLES AND THE LAWS THAT GOVERN THIS AGREEMENT, AND DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO AWARD ANY RELIEF THAT IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY SUCH LAWS.
- IF EITHER OF US INTENDS TO SEEK ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTY SEEKING ARBITRATION MUST FIRST NOTIFY THE OTHER PARTY OF THE DISPUTE IN WRITING AT LEAST 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF INITIATING THE ARBITRATION. NOTICE TO BLUEWAVE SHOULD BE SENT TO NOTICEOFDISPUTE@TELEBERMUDA.COMOR TO BLUEWAVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION MANAGER, 71 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish, BERMUDA CR01. THE NOTICE MUST DESCRIBE THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM AND THE RELIEF BEING SOUGHT. IF WE ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE OUR DISPUTE WITHIN 30 DAYS, EITHER PARTY MAY THEN PROCEED TO FILE A CLAIM FOR ARBITRATION. BLUEWAVE WILL PAY ANY FILING FEE CHARGES FOR YOU FOR ARBITRATION OF THE DISPUTE. IF YOU PROVIDE US WITH SIGNED WRITTEN NOTICE THAT YOU CANNOT PAY THE FILING FEE, BLUEWAVE WILL PAY THE FEE DIRECTLY TO THE ARBITRATOR. IF THAT ARBITRATION PROCEEDS, WE’LL ALSO PAY ANY ADMINISTRATIVE AND ARBITRATOR FEES CHARGED LATER.
- WE MAY, BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO, MAKE A WRITTEN SETTLEMENT OFFER ANYTIME BEFORE THE ARBITRATION EVIDENTIARY HEARING BEGINS (OR, IF THERE IS NO EVIDENTIARY HEARING, BEFORE THE PARTIES COMPLETE SUBMISSION OF THEIR EVIDENCE TO THE ARBITRATOR). THE AMOUNT OR TERMS OF ANY SETTLEMENT OFFER MAY NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THE ARBITRATOR UNTIL AFTER THE ARBITRATOR ISSUES AN AWARD ON THE CLAIM. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE OFFER AND THE ARBITRATOR AWARDS YOU AN AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT IS MORE THAN OUR OFFER BUT LESS THAN $5000, OR IF WE DO NOT MAKE YOU AN OFFER AND THE ARBITRATOR AWARDS YOU ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY BUT LESS THAN $5000, THEN WE AGREE TO PAY YOU $5000 INSTEAD OF THE AMOUNT AWARDED. IN THAT CASE WE ALSO AGREE TO PAY ANY REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND EXPENSES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE LAW REQUIRES IT FOR YOUR CASE. IF THE ARBITRATOR AWARDS YOU MORE THAN $5000, THEN WE WILL PAY YOU THE AMOUNT AWARDED.
- AN ARBITRATION AWARD AND ANY JUDGMENT CONFIRMING IT APPLY ONLY TO THAT SPECIFIC CASE; IT CANNOT BE USED IN ANY OTHER CASE EXCEPT TO ENFORCE THE AWARD ITSELF.
- IF FOR SOME REASON THE PROHIBITION ON CLASS ARBITRATIONS SET FORTH IN SUBSECTION 14.3 CANNOT BE ENFORCED, THEN THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE WILL NOT APPLY.
- IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND BLUEWAVE AGREE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND BLUEWAVE UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT IN ANY WAY. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE FILED TO SHOW A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.
Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Bermuda.
Notices. When this Agreement requires notice from you to Bluewave, you agree to provide us with written notice to the address specified on your bill or as instructed on the Bluewave Website or by calling us. Notice by calling us will be effective as of the date our records show that we received your call.
You agree that we may provide you with notice by (i) sending it via Mail or commercial overnight mail to your last known billing address in Bluewave’s account records, (ii) including the notice on or with your Bluewave bill, (iii) sending notice to your email address on Bluewave’s account records, (iv) hand delivery, or (v) other lawful means, and you agree that any of the foregoing will constitute sufficient notice and you waive any claims that these forms of notice are insufficient or ineffective.
Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and the unenforceable portion shall be construed as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties.
Waiver and Strict Performance. Bluewave’s failure to require your strict performance of any term of this Agreement will not be a waiver of Bluewave’s right to require strict performance of any term or condition herein.
Digital Voice Service is a voice over internet protocol service that allows the Customer to call domestic locations as well as international locations. Digital Voice Service also includes use of calling features. Pricing varies depending on the calling plan the Customer selects.
The Company will provide Digital Voice Service only in those areas of BERMUDA where the Company can direct a 911 call to the appropriate emergency response center in a manner consistent with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including, without limitation, RAB rules and requirements. The Customer may select a Primary Telephone Number from a list of available area codes. The Customer does not need to select a Primary Telephone Number that relates to the geographic location of the Customer. In addition, the Customer may, at an additional cost specified below, select up to five Virtual Telephone Numbers per primary telephone number from a list of available area codes. Virtual Telephone Numbers only deliver incoming calls.
The Customer may have their primary telephone number listed in the white pages and directory assistance at no additional charge. A Pick Your Own Area Code number may not be listed in the white pages. Digital Voice service does not allow the Customer to make 500, 700, 900, 950, 976, 0001, 0+, calling card calls or dial-around calls (e.g., 10-10-XXXX). Nor does it allow the Customer to accept collect calls or third number billed calls. The Company will not bill any charges on behalf of other carriers.